PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH, GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES
Research interests: modern and contemporary literature, poetry and memoir. experimental, avant-garde writing. gender, sexuality, identity, and cultural studies. feminist theory. deconstruction. feminist philosophy. progressive philosophies.
Specializations: women’s writing. modern and contemporary non-canonical Canadian, US, and British literature. post-colonial world literature. memoir and life-writing. feminist theory. feminist social, cultural, and political movements. feminist philosophy. subcultures. interdisciplinary writing, ideas, and locations that advocate for cross-coalitional issues of diversity & inclusion. progressive politics and social movements. LGBTQ studies. spirituality. interfaith conversations. transformation.
WRITING AND EDITING
Writer and wordsmith all things print & media, personal & professional. Mentor for students, writing coach for writers.
I work with universities, companies, and organizations to facilitate and build on the achievement of visions, projects, and mandates. I provide the space of keen listening, laser clarity, clear and innovative direction, integrity, impeccability, and velocity. My work often includes vision planning, designing & managing projects, building teams & company culture, creative direction, ensuring time-lines, writing, editing, event-planning, budgeting, executive & cross-team communications, leading meetings and workshops, ensuring inclusivity & diversity, and raising engagement levels.
INDIVIDUAL, COUPLES, AND BUSINESS COACHING
I facilitate individuals, couples, and groups experiencing empowering, lasting breakthroughs. I use possibility-driven and solution-based methods to allow for new results to show up in what’s important to you. I combine intuitive and compassionate listening with the knowledge, training, and experience to foster your awareness and growth and for those I work with to experience themselves and their life newly and powerfully. I offer laser clarity, new tools & practices, accountability structures, and the accountability framework needed for my clients to manifest their personal and professional goals and objectives.
Specialties include: empowering clients to manifest your personal and professional best: achieving clarity & resolve in life issues, building solid foundations of self-esteem & self-love, goal setting, commitment and accountability structures with any life issue, producing new results that transform your life, healing past trauma, connection with your higher source.
Specialty topics include: feminine and masculine desires, roles, and needs, gender and gender identity, sex, sexuality, relationship building, authentic connection, self love, confidence, & esteem building, effective, non-violent communication, addiction, spirituality.
Sessions are in person, via skype, telephone, and/or email. All sessions are confidential.
if you are ready to produce some new results please don’t be shy: contact me!
LEAD & FACILITATE WORKSHOPS / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Engaging people, groups & organizations with writing and ideas that inspire, educate & enliven.
Some popular workshop topics have included:
- playing with identity: celebrating gender variancy
- switching: gender, sexuality, desires & roles
- loving the goddess: how to have your lady see stars
- effective communication: how to meet your relationship needs & wants
- the dance of partnership: embracing your masculine / feminine energy
- choosing, committing & communicating: practices for building a life of love & partnership
- the languages of love: how to have you and your partner win at the game of love
- in times of breakdown: feeling, healing & building intimacy with your partner
- a safe place to explore desires: dominance and submission
- safe sex & making safe sex fun
- menstruation & our moon cycles: empowering views & practices
- modern women embracing the divine feminine
- new mothers welcome ceremonies
- empowered women know their bodies: from g-spots to g-love
- how to be wonder woman and still let your man lead
- balancing the many roles of motherhood
For young people and teens:
- let’s talk about sex: what you need & want to know
- grrrls get smart: from periods to parents
- empowered teens: how to communicate your needs & powerfully deal with parents & adults
- when your child becomes a teen: embracing teen-hood & how to empower your teen
- work/life balance: rekindling intimacy after kids
- writing poetry: grade 1 – university level
- memoir writing
- trauma recovery: writing as a pathway
- writing as healing: the path to self-love and discovery
- novel writing and finding your authorial voice
- making your goals happen: from intentions to accomplishing new results
- bridging diversity & differences: a workshop on collaborating
- addiction/recovery: hitting bottom: willingness, responsibility, integrity, connection, action
- pushing through fear: the path of courage and taking risks
- women’s spaces & trans inclusion
- sexism, racism, ableism, and homophobia: building bridges and creating solutions
- the F word: everything you want to know about feminism and were afraid to ask
Her approach is gentle, open-hearted, and non-judgemental; while still talking about the serious matters and addressing them head on and asking us the difficult questions. I found it very helpful when my partner and I were in a session together, speaking to each other or explaining our thoughts, she would stop and coach us if we said something in a hurtful manner, and show us how we could explain what was going on for us in a more compassionate and constructive way. She never took sides and was not afraid to stop and realign us when weren’t being supportive. I never realised how helpful it would be to have a mediator in my relationship, that guides me through, and makes me feel both feel empowered and valued. After every session, we would leave feeling open, understood, and happy. I remember saying once “let’s just go see Lesley, she always helps and we feel so great after seeing her.”
Lesley definitely was an essential part of us getting our life, and our love, back on track. The positivity that she brings when you sit down with her flows into your life. You can’t help it. I will be forever grateful to her for the advice, compassion, and positivity that she brought into my life.
Lesley’s best quality, however, is her boundless compassion and generosity. As both a colleague and a friend, I know how deeply committed to the work of social justice and consciousness-raising she is; how constantly willing she is to assume extra work for the good of her co-workers, program, and community. She is simply a hard worker, a fine thinker, and wonderful human being.
If you hire or work with her, you will add a star. I cannot recommend Lesley more highly.
As a colleague, Lesley is first rate. She is energetic, personable, and relates very well with all levels of our organization. It is clear to me that Lesley’s greatest gift, among her many gifts, is that of a true teacher, in every sense of the word. She is a first rate contributor to the success of any organization that she belongs to. Her significant academic achievements, coupled with her truly excellent teaching and interpersonal skills, make her an outstanding contribution.
This has positively impacted many areas of my life: my confidence, my relationships with family and friends, and my experience of myself. I no longer have to hide, I can just be free. I really got that there is nothing wrong with me or who I am. I am embracing my sexuality and who I am.